August Favourites








Hello ladies and gents. Hope you're all well and enjoying your summer holidays, wherever you are spending them. 

Since I started this blog, I've never actually done a monthly favourites post, so I thought it was probably overdue. These past few weeks I've been housesitting at my home in Kent and now I'm back on placement at university. Just to set the scene a little bit!

This month I've been absolutely loving the strobing trend, so anything glittery, shimmery, shiny or metallic is hitting the spot. I've also had an allergic reaction on my face so I've been using really minimal makeup.

First up is the beautiful MUA Undress Your Skin Highlighter. I have this in every colour, and I honestly thought nothing could surpass my love for the Iridescent Gold version. But then, the geniuses at MUA threw a new colour at us screaming fans - Opalescent Amber. It's a perfect combination of shimmery highlight, but with a more bronzy warm tone to it. So it's ideal for those bronze goddess days.

Next is three lip products. If you follow me on Instagram (@captivatestyle) you'll already have seen my new obsession from Lush Cosmetics. Now we all love a good bath bomb, but I was a non-believer when it came to their new make-up range, until I found my new Latte Lip Tint. It's the most beautiful moisturising texture, with a perfect amount of shimmer, and it's so pigmented. It's also really buildable so you can get a real range of looks from this one product.

Since the beauty blogger craze took over my life, I've been a sworn lipstick junkie. But this month the Rimmel Stay Glossy product has changed my mind. My sister kindly donated this to me, in the colour Non-Stop Glamour. It's a really neutral, peachy colour with beautiful shimmer. It's not tacky and it lasts pretty well for a gloss. Now I'm not 100% sure I'll be hanging my lipstick hat up anytime soon, but definitely for the rest of the summer this gloss has a safe place in my handbag.

An almost empty product this month is my Clarins Rouge Eclat Mini. I got this for Christmas in a beautiful little set of miniatures. It's perfect for throwing on your handbag and is a super wearable neutral tone with a hint of red. If you've got the budget for it, I'd definitely recommend.

Finally, my treasured Lady Million. This has definitely been a monthly favourite for the past 2 years. Everyone finds their personal "scent" eventually and this is definitely mine. My housemates say things like "someone had your perfume on today, and it felt so wrong." This one has almost run out now, I'm saving the last dribble for my birthday on Tuesday. But will forever repurchase this amazing perfume.

Let me know your monthly favourites below.

Lots of love, N x


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
Nancy, 19. Maidstone/Essex. High street style and beauty blogger. Occasional vlogger. Twitter: @nancy_bowyer Personal instagram: nancyboww Official instagram: captivatestyle Enjoy x

Contact